When it comes to choosing air conditioners for your homes, you will need to visit an AC repair company. The AC company will help you in choosing between a ductless AC or a ducted AC for your home. You can either choose one according to the construction and structure of your home and your own preferences. Listed below is a comparison between the 2 types of AC.
Ducted air conditioners are central units for air conditioning your homes. Metal sheets or furnaces which have small vents and are window-like structures are placed on the walls or ceilings of each room. Ducted air conditioners are used for both cooling and heating the homes. The central air conditioning unit sends cool air directly through each duct or vent to each room.
Ductless air conditioners which are also known as ductless mini splits give cool air directly to different rooms of your home. They do not have ducts attached in each room and the central air conditioning unit sends refrigerant directly to different small furnaces or handlers in each room. They look like small boxes which are attached to each room.
- The major difference between the two types of air conditioning systems is that the ducted air conditioners provide uniform cool air in every room while you can change temperature according to your own preferences in ductless air conditioning system. This is really helpful if you have kids or elderly in the house.
- Both types of air conditioners will require the services of an AC repair company when damaged or not working properly. As they both are mainly centralized units the whole air conditioner unit will stop working. The AC repair company will then have to rectify the main air conditioning unit.
- If you consider aesthetics then ducted air conditioners are a much better option as they look good in homes.
- You will need to install a duct in the whole house before getting a ducted air conditioning system. This will require renovation and construction of the whole house to get the ducts fitted in. The fitting and installation process is also expensive. It is advisable to get a ducted air conditioning system if ducts pre-installed in your home. Whereas in a ductless there is no need to get the ducts installed but you can always get a ductless air conditioning system.
- Ducted air conditioners control humidity much better than a ductless air conditioning system. The air handlers do not remove humidity efficiently in a ductless system.
- The disadvantage of ducted air conditioning is that a lot of dust and dirt is gathered in the vents or ducts which makes cooling difficult. There is no duct collected in ductless air conditioners which gives off a more cleaner air.
- You will have reduced maintenance costs in ducted air conditioners whereas there are more maintenance costs in ductless air conditioners.
- When you want to replace or repair your ducted AC, then you will have to remove the whole air conditioning system whereas, for ductless AC replacement, you will just have to remove one furnace for the repair. You will not have to go for complete ductless AC replacement like a ducted system. That is why more people prefer ductless air conditioners as it does not require full ductless AC replacement ronkonkoma.
- For offices and bigger areas such as malls and commercial buildings ducted air conditioning works much better while as for small places and homes ductless air conditioners are a better option.